Go Go Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 chilli, finely diced (remove the seeds if you don't like it hot)
2 large chicken breasts, bite size pieces
1 zucchini, quartered lengthways and sliced
1 cup frozen baby peas
1 fresh mango, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
handful fresh parsley or coriander
small handful almonds
cooked rice or couscous to serve
* Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, carrot and chilli until soft and golden
* Add chicken and brown
* While chicken is browning, roughly chop parsley/coriander and almonds together and set aside
* Add zucchini and peas, stirring until chicken is cooked through
* Add mango, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and heat for 1 minute. The mango and lemon juice should coat everything in a nice sauce.
Serve the chicken on top of the rice/couscous, sprinkled with the herbs and almonds.
-You could also add a stick of chopped celery and a diced red capsicum.
-I think this meal would freeze well so you could make it while pregnant as part of your babymoon preparations!
- The chicken and vegetables could be served without the rice/couscous if you have a small family.
And yes, I really must start taking photos for these recipes hey!