This is such an easy and healthy meal to make. It would also be a nice meal to drop off to a family with a new baby so they don't have to worry about cooking for the night. It easily fed our family of 5 and could be bulked up with more veggies to go even further. The best bit is, that it is all prepared and ready to eat in under half an hour and tastes delicous!
Go Go Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 chilli, finely diced (remove the seeds if you don't like it hot)
2 large chicken breasts, bite size pieces
1 zucchini, quartered lengthways and sliced
1 cup frozen baby peas
1 fresh mango, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
handful fresh parsley or coriander
small handful almonds
cooked rice or couscous to serve
* Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, carrot and chilli until soft and golden
* Add chicken and brown
* While chicken is browning, roughly chop parsley/coriander and almonds together and set aside
* Add zucchini and peas, stirring until chicken is cooked through
* Add mango, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and heat for 1 minute. The mango and lemon juice should coat everything in a nice sauce.
Serve the chicken on top of the rice/couscous, sprinkled with the herbs and almonds.
-You could also add a stick of chopped celery and a diced red capsicum.
-I think this meal would freeze well so you could make it while pregnant as part of your babymoon preparations!
- The chicken and vegetables could be served without the rice/couscous if you have a small family.
And yes, I really must start taking photos for these recipes hey!
Click on the image to download your free recipe card
Prepare for an easier fourth trimester with these 25 Secrets From A Postnatal Doula!
Kelly Harper is the owner of Elemental Beginnings Doula & Placenta Services in Adelaide. She provides sleep consultancy, placenta encapsulation and doula services to families during pregnancy, birth and in their fourth trimester.