And hey, if you haven't had a chance to prepare this recipe the day before, its all good. You can most definitely eat it straight away and it will still be delicious. Life Happens!
The "fancy" ingredients are easily found at your local health food shop but don't worry if you don't have them. Just use the four main ingredients for an easy brekky that will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
If you've gone back to work, these are a super quick option to pop into an insulated bag to eat at work for a late breakfast or your morning break. So versatile and healthy with no added sugars (unless there's some in the yoghurt you use).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking required but you can leave it in the fridge overnight
- 3 heaped tablespoons of your favourite yoghurt
- 1 sliced banana
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon moringa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon brewers yeast (this has a strong flavour so adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseed/linseed
- Combine the main ingredients plus any optional ingredients you choose into a bowl
- Mix thoroughly until combined
- Spoon into 1-2 jars depending on your serving size
- Refrigerate overnight